I am a sucker for chicken tortilla soup and with the winter cold here, I am all about simple soups that I can make to keep me warm. This is one that even my picky Mini Me loves.
Super simple, and muy yummy!!
However, I have to make it my own and so my version is more like 5 cans and a pack of my fave boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I like dark meat.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken (a package of chicken thighs)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- Chili Powder
1. Season your chicken thighs (I prefer good ol’ Tony Chachere) and bake until fully cooked on 350 F. (or skip to step 2)
2. Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, black beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies (and can of chicken).
3. Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot. Season to taste with cumin and chili powder.
4. Simmer over medium heat until it’s heated through. Usually about 20-30 minutes.
I top mine with shredded cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream.